The Arkansas River Trail System offers a wide variety of opportunities for exploration and recreation. For those visiting the trail for the first time, below is a list of tips to assist in navigating any journey.
- Be prepared for the trail! Remember to take water and wear appropriate clothes to protect you from cold, heat and rain. Wear a helmet if you are cycling or roller blading.
- Have an Arkansas River Trail map handy or have access to a smart phone that has the Arkansas River Trail mobile website.
- If you are bringing your pet, remember to bring a leash and plastic bags to pick up your pet’s waste.
- Check the weather before hitting the trail.
- Walk and ride on designated trails to protect trail side plants.